Re: [Feed Validation Service] mixed content Error on rdf:parseType="Literal"

From: Phil Ringnalda <philringnalda@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 11:04:15 -0800
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>

On 12/30/08 2:24 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Both files are successfully validated by the other [Feed Validator]

The easiest way to date an install of the feedvalidator software (from
the outside) is from the docs. The W3C install's
docs/howto/install_and_run.html points to SourceForge, so that makes it
older than r751 when it changed to code.google.com, and thus is at least
20 months old and missing at least 286 commits. It does have
docs/error/UndeclaredPrefix.html, added in r688, so it's not older than
27 months. (You don't need to play the "guess from the docs" game with
feedvalidator.org, since it pulls from SVN every few hours.)

Without looking at those 300-odd commits in more detail (many of them
would have been for the Atom API validator, but as you've seen some
would not), I couldn't say whether I think the W3C's feed validator
install is unfortunate, or actively harmful, but without knowing
anything about the process involved in getting it either updated or
removed, I'm not sure it's worth the time it would take to figure out
just how bad it is.

Phil Ringnalda