Re: checklink:

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:17:22 +0000
To: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@freeuk.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Roger Darlington wrote:
> It failed to check about 80% of the html links, claiming that it had
> reached the maximum numberr of documents.
>
> what a pathetic excus. why don't you incresae that number??

Bandwidth and processing power isn't free, and the W3C QA tools, which
are free for the public to use, and don't get a whole lot of funding (
http://www.molly.com/2008/12/11/w3c-validators-in-jeopardy/ ).

If you want to check a large number of documents, then I suggest you
install your own copy of the link checker (there's a download link at
the top of the link checker homepage) instead of complaining that you
aren't getting enough out of the free service.

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>