Re: www.ny-unique

Hi, Rick-

Rick Horvath wrote (on 8/24/09 1:39 PM):
> www.ny-unique 56 ERRORS
>
> I was not the original designer, but maintain the site and am concerned
> about its search engine rankings.

As far as I understand it, the validity of a site has nothing to do with
its ranking with search engines.  In order to improve that, you should
look into some of the many techniques for search engine optimization
(SEO). [1]

However, if you wish to make your site validate, here's a couple of tips...

> Now I know it's a older site by design, but give me break, most of your
> 'errors' are not valid especially the flash code which is
> generated by a program. I see things saying tags are not closed, when
> they really are - so how am I to know what to do??

I see you are using the <embed> element, which is not valid for HTML
4.01 Transitional.  You could look at other options [2].

Change your <FONT> elements to something like the following:

That may take care of a large number of your problems.

But again, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
[2] http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay

Regards-
-Doug Schepers