HTML 5 with MathML validation problem

From: Joe Java <cop3252@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
The document at:
validates as XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0

I made the appropriate changes for the doctype and the content-type
to convert to being a HTML 5 document:

I get 2 types of repeating errors: (paraphrased for size)
Element math not allowed as child of element a in this context.
Content model for element a:
Transparent, but there must be no interactive content descendant.
The value of attribute open on element mfenced from namespace http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML is not in Unicode Normalization Form C.
<mfenced open="&#9001;" close="&#9002;">
The first error appears to say that MathML can not be placed inside an
'a' hyperlink tag.

I have no idea what the second error is complaining about.

I need an HTML 5 language lawyer to explain what is wrong and how to fix
these errors.