Re: attribute error: suggests case change although the suggested case is present

Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Monday 10 August 2009, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
>> Michael Kauffmann wrote:
>
>>> However, the message is confusing.
>>
>> It is. This has been said several times in this list, and maybe some
>> day someone will fix this misguided and misguiding suggestion, if
>> people keep complaining.
>
> Could be.  Sending patches is usually a better way to accomplish that
> though,

I'm here to discuss, not to produce patchwork.

> This issue is was discussed on this list and partially fixed in the
> development version of the validator in May, but that fix still had
> some issues.

The only issue is that the harmful attempt at being helpful be removed. If
someone can produce a version of the heuristics that produces more good than
harm, then let it be tested (in a test version). Until that, the only
reasonable thing is to remove the code that suggests lowercase spelling.

I don't think there's any technical difficulty with that - just
unwillingness to admit that the idea, at least as implemented, was wrong.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/