Re: attribute error: suggests case change although the suggested case is present

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:54:15 +0300
To: "Michael Kauffmann" <webmaster@ikar.us>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Michael Kauffmann wrote:

>>> Attribute "COLOR" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "color"?
>
>>> <hr noshade="noshade" color="green">
>
> I guess <hr> shouldn't have a color at all?

Right. The <hr> element does not have a color attribute in any published
specification, though some browsers support it.

There are several ways to draw colored horizontal lines without using the
color attribute, and even without using the <hr> element at all, so the
problem is easy to work around.

> However, the message is confusing.

It is. This has been said several times in this list, and maybe some day
someone will fix this misguided and misguiding suggestion, if people keep
complaining.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/