Re: UTF-8 warning?

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@artbeat.me>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:47:22 -0400
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Blomeyer, Elaine" <elaine.blomeyer@lausd.net>
Hello Elaine.

On 13-Apr-09, at 1:25 PM, Blomeyer, Elaine wrote:
> Using Direct Input mode: UTF-8 character encoding assumed
>
> I can make the first one go away by having them add a <meta> tag and
> setting the charset to UTF-8, but unfortunately, we still get the
> second warning.

This message is actually an info message (blue icon, versus the usual
yellow warning sign).
If this is the only message received, there is nothing wrong with the
documents being validated.

Can you think of a different way to display the message, that would
make it less confusing to you and your students?

Regards,
--
olivier Thereaux
http://artbeat.me/ - http://yoda.zoy.org/