Re: File Upload script dropping uploaded_file

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:38:09 -0500
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Kathryn Van Stone <kvs@acm.org>, Larry Robinson <midimagic@sbcglobal.net>, Gunilla Wachtel <g_strawberryblonde@hotmail.com>

On 30-Sep-08, at 9:49 AM, Kathryn Van Stone wrote:
> I'm not Larry, but I had the same problem last night.  The online
> validator worked, but not the one requiring a file load.
> This was true of Firefox, Safari, and python httplib.

When this happens, can you try and connect to:
http://128.30.52.13/
and
http://128.30.52.49/
and
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/
?

These are the current IP addresses for the validator servers
(including the development server at the end), and I would like to
know whether only one is misbehaving or if all are. It will help
figure out if the issue is with the machine, the code, or...

I've also seen reports from Win and Mac users, and no particular
browser seems to be the cause. I don't really believe in the
possibility of an ISP issue, but I'm not brushing it off yet.

Thanks all for your patience.

--
olivier