Re: conformance checker for HTML+ARIA?

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:11:35 +0900
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, www-validator@w3.org

Hi Steven,

> @2008-09-30 14:00 +0100:
> The idea in regards to the HTML WG was brought about by david dorwards
> suggestion that it is something that the WG charter covers.
>
> I certainly understand if this is not something that the HTML WG to be
> actively involved in , but it is good to get your feedback so if there
> is any development, its result does not upset any applecarts within
> the HTML WG.

I think having a normative spec for ARIA is HTML 5 is absolutely
something that the HTML WG needs to produce. But having a spec of
HTML 4.01 + ARIA is not. And if the need to produce a HTML 4.01 +
ARIA DTD and have support in validator.w3.org for it is urgent,
then I really don't think taking a discussion about it to the HTML
WG as whole to try to get consensus on it is what you want to do.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/