Re: conformance checker for HTML+ARIA?

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:26:05 +0100
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> anybody have any ideas on how we move this forward?
The HTML Working Group is chartered to "maintain and produce incremental
revisions to the HTML specification"[1], which I would imagine HTML 4.01
+ ARIA would fall under. I imagine you would raise the matter with them
and see if they would be willing to work with the WAI to publish a small
Recommendation which makes reference to ARIA and HTML 4.01, defines a
Doctype and includes a DTD.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html

--
David Dorward