Re: W3C QA information dissemination

From: Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:35:24 +0200
To: Rob Handley <Robin@FuryWorld.fsnet.co.uk>
CC: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

On 24/09/08 10:55, Rob Handley wrote:
> I just found out that one of my web sites, which had previously passed
> the W3C on-line tool checking for valid XHTML 1.0 transitional, no
> longer validated ok
The validator is regularly improved, and catches errors it didnít caught
before. In your case, previous releases of the validator didnít look at
the system identifier
("http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd") as soon as
the public identifier was correct ("-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN"), and hence couldnít catch your typo.

Regards,

--
Etienne Miret