Re: inconsistent XHTML validation

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:56:15 -0400
To: Beth Mabee <bamabee@student.gc.maricopa.edu>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi Beth,

On 23-Sep-08, at 1:15 AM, Beth Mabee wrote:
> I used the validator to check my first project after I had uploaded
> it to the server at school:
> http://web.gccaz.edu/~bamabee/cis166aa/project01.htm
>
> It validated perfectly.
>
> Following my teacher's instructions, for my second assignment I
> modified the source file (but NOT the first three lines or the
>
> 	  Line 1, Column 0: end of document in prolog.

This is the validator's way of saying "I received an empty document".
I just tried the validator's file upload feature with success, and am
suspecting there may be something between your browser and the
validator's server stripping the content of the upload.

* have you tried uploading with a different browser?
* Do you have any "security" software running on your computer that
may be breaking the file upload? Can you turn it off and try?
* Did anyone else on the same network have the same issue?

Hope this helps,
--
olivier