Re: XHTML validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:57:19 -0400
Cc: Lisa Troxler <lmtroxler@charter.net>, www-validator@w3.org
To: Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com>

Hi all,

On 4-Sep-08, at 2:13 AM, Etienne Miret wrote:
> This sounds pretty much like a temporary error on the validator, you
> shouldn’t worry too much. If I recall correctly this happened a
> while ago when an administrator mistakenly removed DTDs.

I am not actually aware of any change to the validation servers in the
past few weeks.

It is possible that one of the www.w3.org servers, which holds the
grammars (DTDs) sometimes used for validation, was down, but in that
case I assume the validation results would have been a "error, can not
connect to www.w3.org", not an inconsistent number of errors.

Hope this helps
--
olivier