Re: major web sites - Chrome!

From: Michael Adams <linux_mike@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:00:45 +1200
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:48:15 -0400
Rick Merrill increased personal carbon footprint by exciting electrons
the world over with these memorable words:

> Google is launching its own web browser. Why?  To reassure the user
> that the web sites are conforming (and hence safe)!

Conforming to what? Cause they do not have their websites conforming to
w3c specs. AFAIK websites don't need to conform to obscure browsers.

> This sounds like a big step forward for W3C to me. - Rick
>
> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hHvkt5UkooUX1otx8ROBM0k-5VcQD92UHSHO0

Ah, did you piggyback on an earlier thread, and not even remove the
original text?

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416