Re: idea for validator - "back to referring website"

From: Michael Adams <linux_mike@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:06:08 +1300
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:19:25 +1100
Came this utterance fomulated by chris wilshaw to my mailbox:

> a "*back to referring website*" button/link so people who accidentally
> arrive at the validator from a website can easily return to the site
> they were viewing.

When back buttons have been built imto web pages it has been found that
they are used very little compared to the back buttom of the browser.

Besides, the validator is for developers, not clueless surfers.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416