W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-validator@w3.org > October 2008

ERROR Message from pages that were valid

From: Joseph Gourvenec - GB Networks <joseph@gbnetworks.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:21:48 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Dear W3C,

I had finished building the main building blocks of my site conforming to
the high standards of W3C and went to check a couple of new pages with new
content and they worked fine and passed.

Then I just wanted to test a couple of pages I changed the wording in the
database and added a little bit of code and now none of the pages will

Print screen attached

Links I tested: that needed testing:
http://www.lincolnshirenetworks.org.uk/1public/events/index.php and

Links I tested that were prefect: http://www.lincolnshirenetworks.org.uk/
and http://www.lincolnshirenetworks.org.uk/1index.php and
http://www.lincolnshirenetworks.org.uk/1public/register/index.php - in fact
every other page was prefect. 


Error message:

1.              Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line
132 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in
other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character
Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character
encoding indication. 

The error was: utf8 "\xA3" does not map to Unicode


NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.


Kind Regards,

attached mail follows:

Received on Friday, 24 October 2008 07:41:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:31:00 UTC