Re: off line version

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:37:24 -0400
Cc: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Gabor Szabo <szabgab@gmail.com>

On 27-May-08, at 10:39 PM, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Is there any plan that the current code will be split into
> the representation part (CGI) and the real "business logic"
> that is the part that can be called as perl module?

There has been some effort in this area. The internal code of the
validator, however still mostly in a single perl script, is more and
more divided into independent packages.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check

> Who decides on such stuff?

I don't think it's a matter of decision power at this point, but more
of whether  a dedicated contributor makes it happen. At the moment the
staffing for development of this validator is limited, and we are
looking at building the next-generation of tools with a renewed team
of open source contributors. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thank you,
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier