Re: W3C Markup Validation Problem

On 14 May 2008, at 15:13, Sean Webster wrote:
> We are having a problem when using the W3C Markup Validation Service,
>
> The Validation Service produces 1 Failed Validation error when
> looking at the address: http://www.cccs.co.uk/
>
> The actual error is pointing to border="0" however on our website
> that isn't even included in our code so are unable to remove it!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ASP.NET. You are, presumably, using
a piece of Microsoft code that generates different HTML depending on
the User-Agent string sent by the browser. The Validator's User-Agent
string gets the "IE 4.x era compatibility" code, which isn't valid
under the Doctype you are using.

I've never used ASP.NET (and what I've heard about it doesn't
encourage me to try any time soon), but this post in the archives of
the mailing list might point you in the right direction: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2006Sep/0031.html

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/