Re: universal web site programming.

From: Ian Stuart <Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 16:04:06 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Greg Sabin wrote:
>  Ok, is their any kind of web site programming, that is universal to all
> browsers that may be used on all currently used operating systems ?
The only editing tool I'm aware of that will produce good clean (x)html
code, that passes validation, that does not include a lot of surplus
information on pages, and works for all operating systems is.....

..... a plain text editor.
You can aim a but higher, and get a plain text editor that does "syntax
highlighting" - but the best way to produce clean & lean pages is to
craft them yourself.

If you want clean, lean, and lookin' good.... be an artist too :-)

(none of the Integrated Development Environments [frontpage,
Dreamweaver, Amaya, etc] will come close to well-crafted, hand-written code.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.