Re: web site programming.

Le 2 mai 2008 à 04:53, Rick Merrill a écrit :
> I have a suggestion to float: How about adding a summary
> page on the Validator web site where users (like us) can
> add Validator results based on what software was used.
>
> For example,
>
> DreamWeaver: 15 pages;  25 errors; html 4.0 transitional

The only way to do that in a painless way for authors is to collect a
meta name in the headers of files. I suspect you want the compiled
stats on how badly performs some authoring tools, maybe something else.

But the data set will be of poor quality:

- not a huge number of pages with the meta.
- more than one authoring tool involved in the generation of pages
(sometimes multiple libraries, database, javascript)
- author changing authoring tool, but forgetting to modify the meta

It will be very hard to have relevant statistics in such open
environment.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/