Element attribute difference between validation types

From: Ant Tears <ant@conscia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:06:55 -0000
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi,

When I validate a page using "validate local HTML", my form tag is
validated as per the HTML I see in the browser.

When I validate the same page normally I get an error stating that the
validator see's a name attribute on the form.

The web site uses the umbraco cms which has a webconfig setting to add
standards compliance mode.

Not sure if this is a bug, but wondering if there is a workaround?

Ant Tears