Re: "Unable to Determine Parse Mode" warning given when inappropriate

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Some days I wonder if it wouldn't be better if this validator
> didn't support custom DTDs at all.

Horrible idea, when I use "custom DTDs" it is because I need
them.  They just happen to be not in your database, e.g., the
xml2rfc DTD is a (slowly) moving target, CharmapML is rather
obscure, xhtml1-i18n is experimental, and two versions of XML
DTDs (inline, standalone) for IANA language subtag registries
in essence use the validator to check cross references based
on ID and IDRREF.

 Frank