Re: 29 errors remaining, and at a bit of a holding pattern

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:03:36 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Scott Haneda wrote:

> Is there some way I can shove some markup in there to get
> the validator to ignore that, or does that dissolve the
> ideals of validating in general?

To some degree it is your decision.  Do they offer a DTD
to validate documents with their proprietary inventions ?
Can these inventions harm users with other browsers ?  How
proprietary or experimental is this, e.g., is it merely a
proposal for HTML5, what does validator.nu say about it ?

If you end up at "best visible with Safari" it's IMO crap.

 Frank