DOCTYPE weirdness

From: EGM <egm@wowebs.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:09:33 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm trying to validate this page: http://www.wowebs.com/

I selected XHTML 1.0 Transitional for the DOCTYPE, and it came back with
"Tentatively Valid" and this message:

    |DOCTYPE| Override in effect!

    The detected DOCTYPE Declaration "|<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
    "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">|" has
    been suppressed and the DOCTYPE for "|XHTML 1.0 Transitional|"
    inserted instead, but even if no errors are shown below the document
    will not be Valid until you update it to reflect this new DOCTYPE.

I rechecked the DOCTYPE, found the W3C DTD page
(http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html) and copy/pasted it
into my document, and STILL I get the "Tentatively Valid" message.
What's up with that? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Lisa