Relative URI reference resolution broken in CSS validator?

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:27:38 +0100
To: olivier@w3.org
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Olivier,

I erroneously had this stylesheet link in a document:

  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
  	href="/../../2005/10/w3cdoc.css" />

As far as I can tell, relative URI reference resolution should have
eaten the ".." segments; however, the CSS validator complained that
it couldn't find:

	http://www.w3.org/../../2005/10/w3cdoc.css

(As relative URI reference resolution is a mess in the URI spec, I
might simply be wrong, though.  Can you have a look?)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  +33-4-89063488