[VE][73] Empty <select></select>

From: Ezekiel Victor <evictor@ezekielvictor.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:41:19 -0800
To: www-validator@w3.org

Error [73]: "end tag for X which is not finished"

I am getting the above error when attempting to use empty
<select></select> boxes in XHTML Strict. I believe this sort of thing
should be considered valid XHTML Strict because there are certain
applications in which it is desirable to either start out with an empty
<select> or at least have it become empty at some course over the
application. This appeared in a form I was designing where a user could
add or remove options from the <select> at any time. It initializes with
no items and thus triggers the XHTML Strict invalid notice.

- Ezekiel Victor - evictor@ezekielvictor.com -