Re: new feature: parameter for specific User-Agent identification

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I therefore suggest implementing:
> * a user-agent parameter for the check script
> * values can be:
>    - auto (equivalent to none) -> the usual validator UA applies
>    - forward (and maybe "referer" too?) -> will forward the UA string
> as received by the validator. Modulo some sanitizing?
>    - mobileok -> will output the UA as defined in http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/#http_request
>    - any other string -> sanitize? and use as UA HTTP header.

Sounds good, I hope "forward" covers "no UA" and "no referer".
Maybe you need to map an empty "other string" to "no UA".

> not add any graphical UI.

Difficult question.  It might be interesting to see if the UA
has any desired or dubious effect, but web masters might hate
it when their activities can be tracked with the validator ;-)

 Frank