Re: HTML 5 validator?

From: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:05:23 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

> > are there any plans to add experimental support for HTML 5

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Frank Ellermann
<nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de> wrote:
> Guessing, wrt "near future" that's kind of unlikely, isn't it ?

That's why I asked for "experimental" support.

> "HTML5" is a moving target, it could be confusing for ordinary
> users (= the audience here) if their pages are valid today and
> invalid tomorrow or v.v. depending on "HTML5" design decisions.

That just sounds like a design (UI) problem to me.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> Validator.nu does offer file upload and pasting file contents in its complex
> generic facet:

Didn't notice that, cheers.

However, I'm still curious about the plans the validator team has
concerning HTML 5 validation, unless it only takes care of final

Jens Meiert