Re: Slash

From: <soundguy@centrum.cz>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:40:26 +0200
To: "Frank Ellermann" <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>
event if its not documented ..

compare this

http://validator.w3.org/check/referer works

http://validator.w3.org/check/referer/ doesnt work

id like to use the second way with slash as the last character of url:-) it looks better

olivier Thereaux wrote:

>> http://validator.w3.org/check/referer/  I mean url ending

>> with "slash" character pretending to be a directory?

> AFAICT this is already possible, albeit not documented.

Quick test, .../check/referer/ fails for

OTOH .../check/referer used to work for at least six years:

> albeit not documented

Yes, many years ago for .../check/referer, I didn't know

the .../check?uri=referer version.  Recently the HTTP GET

inquisition is everywhere, torturing hapless GET users.