Re: xhtml valid logo's

Colleagues,

I've heard that phrase (or paraphrase) "Neither "XHTML" nor "Strict"
helps anyone for accessibility" in many anecdotal contexts, although not
necessarily on this particular email list however.

Does anyone have any good pointers to statistically rigorous research
(or at least an attempt) to either support or refute that statement?

While I might agree that DTD or other Schema validation *per se* may not
help directly, there might be one or more falsifiable hypotheses along
the lines of (heuristic) help indirectly (e.g., learning effects between
the similar or different types of authoring patterns, etc.)

I know this isn't an academic forum and I don't want to start a flame
war.  But I wonder if it possible that we either don't know was the
reliationship is (if any) or the multiple, repeated results that the
scientific community typically prefers aren't yet widely published?

Best,

Wayne Smith
CSU Northridge