Re: Misleading explanations in checklink reports

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:48:22 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> Suggestion: Change the text quoted above to read
>
> "List of redirected and broken links
>
> There are issues with the URLs listed below. The table summarizes the
> issues and suggested actions by HTTP response status code."

Thanks, I like that; applied in a slightly modified form in the development
version which already had some changes in the summary area (non-broken
redirects shown in a separate section).  The development version can be
tested at http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink

> (You might consider using "addresses" instead of "URLs", if you think
> that "URL" is not an acceptable term in W3C parlance.)

"URL" is already used in various places in the link checker's output so I
think it fits here just fine too.