Re: SVG: changes to validator

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:40:25 +0900
To: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Hi Jonathan,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008, ~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> who is responsible for updating the validator** in the last 24 hours?
> **someone has very recently updated the validator.

I don't think so. If anyone changed the validator, it would either be
me, or I would know it.

> http://www.peepo.co.uk/index.svg has not been changed for some months.
> for quite some time the validator reported it as "well formed" ie
> with a green banner
>
> this morning the report is 218 errors.

I see the "well formed" result. Ditto with the development version[1] of
the validator, due for release soon. And when that happens, there will
be an announcement on this list.

[1] http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/

I suspect a transient issue, either with your page (did you find and fix
anything since your message?) or the validator - in which case, it would
be interesting to know which these 218 errors were, for debug purposes.

Note that the validator is a free service, mostly based on the hard work
of volunteers, so if it behaves in a way that you don't understand or
disagree with, I suggest adopting a carefully polite tone, and not (as
your mail may be interpreted) demanding the head(s) of the culprit(s).

Regards,
--
olivier