Re: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data.

From: Stifu <stifu@free.fr>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:49:07 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Thanks for the needlessly conscending tone, when I was just trying to figure out the problem.
Besides, space or no space after <, the error still stands.

I think I'll simply follow what I found in the above post, which was actually
helpful, unlike this one.
In other words: "An alternative is to use external script and style documents."