Re: Bug 85/4494 (keeping track of validation statistics for various purposes

From: Nikita The Spider The Spider <nikitathespider@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:08:07 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Feb 6, 2008 12:17 PM, Brian Wilson <bloo@blooberry.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>
> > * stats on the documents themselves. Doctype, mime type, charset.
> > Ideally, whether charset is in HTTP, XML decl, meta. There are
> > existing studies about these, but another study made on a different
> > sample would bring more perspective.

Out of curiousity, where do you see these statistics being published?
Time permitting, I'd be happy to contribute results from my validator.
I've already been collecting statistics on robots.txt files (an
obscure hobby to be sure).

If anyone else is interested in the robots.txt files, the most recent
data is here:
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/articles/RobotsTxt2007.html

--
Philip