Re: login area verification

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:51:39 +0000
Cc: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Nevena Jovanovic" <nevena.jovanovic@gmail.com>
On 1 Feb 2008, at 22:52, Nevena Jovanovic wrote:
> how can I check validation of my pages that are behind login area?

A couple of options are to:

* Build a method into the the authentication / authorisation system
that allows access for the validator (this could be a username and
password in the query string, or something that works on the user
agent and/or ip address of the client - I suggest you install a local
copy of the validator on your network if you take this approach,
otherwise you've built a very public back door into your system).

* Use the file upload feature of the validator to test your pages.
The Firefox Web Developer Toolbar has a "Validate Local HTML" option
which makes this a two click operation.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/