Re: HTML Validator HTTP Accept

From: Aristotelis Mikropoulos <amikrop@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:17:00 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
You did not understand. A page accessed from the same URL, like mine
http://indy.kamibu.com/
checks the HTTP Accept header the browser sends, and if that header includes
the "application/xhtml+xml"
MIME Type, then it sends XHTML 1.1, and Content-Type:
"application/xhtml+xml". If that header does
not contain that specific MIME TYPE, then that page is served as XHTML 1.0
Strict, and the Content-Type
is "text/html". So, for better testing, the HTML Validator should include
"application/xhtml+xml" in its
HTTP Accept header. It is simple, I think ;-)

--
Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute.