Re: Simple nested <ul> fails validation - Bug or my Stupidity?

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 07:58:00 +0000
To: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

David C. Rankin wrote:
> Dear W3C:
>
> 	I was cleaning up a simple home page and got down to the following error
> concerning the use of nested lists. The list syntax was taken directly
> from w3cschools css ul example, so I was quite surprised at the error.

I wouldn't be. W3Schools is ... crap. They get a lot of mileage from
people thinking they are endorsed by the W3C though.

A ul may have ONLY li elements as its children. You have a mix of ul and
li elements.

When nesting lists, a sub-list should form part of a suitable list item.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/