Re: major web sites (Alexa)

From: Brian Wilson <bloo@blooberry.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:17:52 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Alright...first, my apologies for the delay on this. Your post was
*only* a month ago now! Took a little time and some wrangling to do this.

Rick Merrill wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>>
>> One popularity measure (among many) is Alexa. It has some caveats, but
>> in January I had the validator run through 487 of its Global Top 500
>> list. 32 of those URLs passed validation (6.57%). That is actually
>> considerably higher than the average pass rate I found with the
>> majority of the Open Directory Project URLs (DMoz). I have a complete
>> list of those Alexa 500 that validated, but of the ones you mentioned,
>> only msn.com passed validation.
>
> How about a web page where you Post that complete list - with numbers of
> errors?

Here it is:
http://my.opera.com/operaqa/blog/2008/08/04/alexa-global-top-500-validation-research

Feedback, comments and questions can be made in the blog's comment thread
or here too if they are validator-on-topic.

-Brian

Brian Wilson --------------------------"Those aren't Sex muffins!   -Coach
bloo@blooberry.com ---------------------Those aren't Love muffins!
http://www.blooberry.com ---------------Those are just BLOOberry muffins!"