Re: universal web site programming. [OT]

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:58:24 -0400
Rick Merrill wrote:

> Michael Adams wrote:On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:38:37 -0700 (PDT)
> Greg Sabin wrote:
>
>   exactly, if I build a new web site , their must be some kind of
> programming that all browsers can see properly, even if the user has
> to down load plug in's to get full functionality. Since it would make
> sence to use a web site builder and programming that will not ...

Why keep answering me not the OP, when you seem to grok his intent?

So the original question was about writing, at best designing web pages,
not programmimg them.

The request is misdirected, as it is OT for this list. Surely
downloading and trying Amaya, or many of the other OSS authoring
apps is the next step. Many in the developer community would say that
Dreamweaver is the best, AFAIK it does the best job of not messing with
custom code.

I have ended up using a combination of CMS and hand coding on my sites.
And use no authoring software other than a PHP IDE.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416