Re: Fallback to UTF-8

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:11:16 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:30 AM, David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk> wrote:

>  If it assumes ISO-8859-1 and the document is UTF-8, how is that any
> improvement?

I was under the impression, garnered from following the W3C for
several, *several* years now, that UTF-8 was recommended for
universality, the way we are trying to take the Net so as to be
accessible for All..

Yes, no..? :)

Where I see UTF-8 implemented, it's nice to be able to read what
people are sharing instead of seeing nothing but bleeps and squiggles
because the [code] is not compatible with whatever is at hand..

Cindy

- :: -
CindySueCausey.blogspot.com
www.ButterflyBytes.com