Re: Fallback to UTF-8

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 03:53:34 -0400
To: Andreas Prilop <prilop2008@trashmail.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008, Andreas Prilop wrote:
> Olivier Thereaux, could you please explain why you still take
> UTF-8 as default?

Andreas, I hope you don't systematically summon developers of free/open
source in such peremtory manner. They may not all have a sense of
humor. :)

> I believe that "Validate as ISO-8859-1" on the above test page
> is much more helpful. The fallback to UTF-8 is just silly.

Notwithstanding the fact that, as Karl noted, there are discussions as
to the default charset for text/html, I would advise, if you find that
developers are not fast enough in addressing your pet bug/issue, to
send a patch.

Thank you.

--
olivier