does the validator validate .svgz files?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:32:16 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
does the validator validate .svgz files?

there are a number of plain svg and compressed svgz files in this
directory:

http://www.peepo.org.uk/icon-ark/

in each case the svg files validate, but the .svgz file does not, but
produces an error such as:

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 26 it
contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other
words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character
Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character
encoding indication.

The error was: utf8 "\xFE" does not map to Unicode

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.iconomy.org/