Re: IPv6 and Validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:10:50 -0400
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Andre-John Mas <ajmas@sympatico.ca>

Hi Andre-John,

On Mar 29, 2008, at 13:36 , Andre-John Mas wrote:
> I am currently experimenting with IPv6 and noticed that the www
> validator doesn't handle IPv6 addresses, for a number of reasons
> including not being connected to an IPv6 network, not having an IPv6
> address and libwww not supporting IPv6.

Indeed, this has been something we have been waiting for, for a long
time. Your proactive effort is much appreciated.

> For this reason I decided I would see what I could do and I have
> made a modifications to the libwww library to support IPv6 and
> deployed a version of the validation tool on my web site. The
> changes to libwww are mentioned in this thread:
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/perl.libwww/browse_thread/thread/e961f4b6132843ea/ffc4c2b05c52d523?hl=en#ffc4c2b05c52d523

There doesn't seem to be much follow-up on this thread. Is the google
group followed by the LWP maintainers? Maybe CPAN would be a better
place to submit the patch?

Ah, I see:

Which has been ack'd by the maintainer, so there is hope of a
resolution.

--
olivier