Re: Further follow-up, Re: HTML Validator freezes

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007, tlvp@att.net wrote:
> Salut!
>
> Looks like 0.8.1 is still the current version validator,
> a month after your "in a couple of days," and still hanging
> on some of our pages.

Yes, there were delays as our test server got down for a few weeks,
which had the positive effect of giving us time to put in more fixes,
but did push the release a bit.

> If 0.8.2 is taking so long, would it make sense to make
> the more stable 0.7.4 available again, at least temporarily?
> It may not catch all the more subtle errors 0.8.1 catches,
> but at least it has never just hung (for me, anyway).

I don't think this is a good idea. We'll move forward soon with 0.8.2,
in the meantime, if you actually want to help (or just want to use a
version without the hanging issue), you can test the developer's
instance: http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/

--
olivier