Re: warnings for shorttags

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:14:02 +1000
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2007, at 00:26 , Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
>> One minor issue: in a small browser window there is nothing in the
>> initially visible portion of the validation report indicating that
>> there are warnings.  It might be nice to give a parenthetical count of
>> warnings in the "Result" field:
>>
>>   Result: Passed validation (4 warnings)
>
> Good idea. Done, in the same way we have
> Result:       Failed validation, 3 Errors
> There now is
> Result:       Passed validation, 4 warning(s)

The warning indicator needs to be made more visible.  Personally, when I
use the validator, I just look at the colour of the "This Page Is Valid
..." heading.  If it's green, I look no further and get back to work.  I
would be highly unlikely to notice the warnings.

Perhaps you could change the background colour of that heading to
yellow, add some kind of warning icon and/or change the heading to "This
Page Is Valid [VERSION] (With Warnings)".  I don't mind what solution
you use, as long as it is immediately visible to someone quickly
glancing at the page.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/