Re: I think your validator may be faulty ????

From: Drake Wilson <drake@begriffli.ch>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:54:39 -0500
To: Terry Burns <terry.burns@trainingon.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Quoth Terry Burns <terry.burns@trainingon.net>, on 2007-09-21 17:21:49 +0100:
> The address of the page being checked is
>
> http://www.trainingon.net/
>
> The error being reported is
>
> 1.                              ErrorLine 44, Column 286: there is no
> attribute "valign".
>
> ..8281250" alt="Expand Courses" valign="middle" /></td>
>

> But, this text does not appear in the document at all. However, an element
> style style="vertical-align:middle" does exist and I think your parser is
> translating this and outputting the error shown.

The parser isn't translating anything.  The server is returning
different content based on the declared User-Agent.  If I request that
page with a Mozilla User-Agent header, it gives me XHTML 1.0
Transitional with various CSS.  If I request it with a Lynx User-Agent
header I get a non-CSS version of some sort instead, which does in
fact include that text.

   ---> Drake Wilson