Re: WHere does local validator put temp files?

From: Krzysztof Gorzelak <krzysztof@uno.pl>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:56:40 +0200
To: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Allan Smith pisze:
> Thanks - but that doesn’t help me to find out
> Just where in the process the system is falling over
>
> I was hoping to be able to tell if it was the process of generating the
> result or serving it.
>
> But perhaps it is that CHECK cannot open the file to be validated.

Hi there,

If you have some file permission problems or a special env. sittings you
can allways try this:
1) Linux side you can "strace" your process,
2) Windows side there is a tool called Filemon from Sysinternals (will
give you all the file system errors/warnings)

Good luck
--
Krzysztof Gorzelak
krzysztof@uno.pl