Continued... Passed validation with backslashes in links

From: <NOWAR.MEANS.PEACE@GMAIL>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:57:24 +0200
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
Hello David,

Still don't get it:
If the use of a backslash leads to NOT showing a page right in FF and Opera, I'd say that's strange.
So, does this mean that IE is the "smarter/better" browswer compared to  FF and Opera?? mmmm....

By the way, can you come up with a link with the rule that the href attribute is allowed to contain backslash characters (please....)?
I have NEVER come across this rule (yet).
sherill

--
Best regards,
 NOWAR                            mailto:nowar.means.peace@gmail.com