Re: XHTML 1.0 Transitional-I don't understand, why my page is not valid.

On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:12 , hdevore@optonline.net wrote:

> Is leaving "old" stuff like this up on the web really useful?  Or
> is it just ridiculous clutter?  Anyways...I appreciate any
> assistance that can be given why THIS source code is not passing as
> valid:
[snip]

A URI is generally preferred to copy-pasting all of a document.
Anyway, passing your document to the validator yields one error, with
(I think) a rather self-explanatory error message: the "alt"
attribute is required for the "img" element.

For a rationale, see:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#text-equiv

For a very good resource on the topic:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/alt.html