Re: [VE][68] Limitations of "Group Error Messages by type"

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:23:30 -0500
Cc: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>

On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:32 , David Dorward wrote:
> However, if "Group Error Messages by type" is selected, the
> informational message does not appear. So the description of the
> first error is incorrect (and the HTML is a lot harder to debug in
> cases more complex then then this minimal test case).

Info message are given by the parser in sequence, and generally refer
to a previous error message, but there is no simple and reliable way
to tie the info message to the relevant error message. As a result,
when reordering the messages by type, having the info message by
itself will generally be useless and confusing.

If anyone can think of a clever way (as in, a patch ;) ) to keep the
info message next to the error message, I'm taking.

> Additionally, the choice of case for "Group Error Messages by
> type", and the rest of the Options panel seems a little odd. Some
> parts are in Title Case, while others are in Sentence case. The
> "Group Error Messages by type" option switches half way through!

Ack, That I Can fix immediately.

--
olivier